Don’t Have a Pension? Buy a Pension!
Want to enjoy a secure retirement? When it comes that time to stop working, selecting the best possible income options may be the most important investment decision you will ever make. You need to design a strategy to convert your savings into a reliable income stream that, when combined with other resources, will support you for life.
For many, the main concern is not to run out of money before you run out of life. But ensuring you won't run out of money isn't always easy. If poor investment returns diminish your nest egg or if you live longer than expected, you could run out of money. You have a variety of options:
Annuities can be a key component of your overall retirement savings plan. Why?
- Guaranteed income for life, this gives you peace of mind by knowing that you will never out-live your savings.
- Annuity income can be indexed with inflation.
- Eliminate market worries – provides a steady stream of income.
- Simplicity – with a single lump sum investment – there is no need for ongoing investment decisions.
- Tax advantages – you can use annuities to generate tax-efficient income from your non-registered investments.
- Annuity income qualifies as pensionable income and can be split for tax planning purposes.
- Beneficiaries from annuities may receive the benefits free from probate and income tax.
- Surviving spouse may receive the same income guaranteed for life.
While annuities may not be for everyone, get the facts because they could be for you.